Ack, Daniel‘s tagged me for the music meme! I had been staying away from this one because I haven’t been listening to music for weeks. I guess I’d better fill this in with what I was listening to before the craziness of exam studying set in.
Music Tag…THE RULES:
List five songs that you are currently loving. It doesn’t matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they’re any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying right now.
Post these instructions, the artists, and the songs in your blog. Then tag five other blogging friends to see what they’re listening to.
My five: (click to listen!) [originally I had these as MP3s, but I’ve changed them to video where available]
1. Lighthouse Family – “You’re a Star”
2. Dave Olney – “Nelly Was a Lady”
(from Happy Land: Musical Tributes to Laura Ingalls Wilder… hee hee!) (This grew on me; there’s a rustic plaintiveness to it that at first just sounds like “whiny and unpolished.” 🙂 )
3. Prince – “I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man”
4. Donovan – “Jennifer Juniper”
5. Marc Cohn – “Walking in Memphis”
(Darn you Erik for not having your blog set up yet!!!!)
2. someone whose name will not be disclosed here who has a secret blog (*ahem* you’d better know who you are)
3. Kiyomi (though I feel like you’ve already done this–maybe just because you talk about music a lot in your journal?)
5. Lauren, in hopes that this will be a welcome break from med school, and not yet another accursed thing to do ;b
[This post was imported on 4/10/14 from my old blog at satsumabug.livejournal.com.]