I got a “YES! I LIKE THIS!” blog award from Anna (the Girl in the Hat). I’m touched and honored, and I’m also very amused because Anna invented this award after receiving a slightly different one (The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award) from someone else. The original award came with four rules: (1) Thank and link to the person who nominated you, (2) Share seven random facts about yourself, (3) Pass the award along to 15 deserving blog buddies, and (4) Contact those buddies to congratulate them. Anna didn’t follow the rules exactly (for good reasons which she explains), so her YES! I LIKE THIS! award puts me under no obligation to do anything. However, I will: of course I’m thanking/linking Anna, I love sharing random facts about myself, and I love sharing links. So I’m changing Anna’s no-rules award to my own award, which, in keeping with the pie theme of the original, also includes a picture of pie.
Seven random things about me:
- I was born on a Saturday morning in December, and there was a rainbow.
- I can’t wink, curl my tongue, or whistle, though I have double-jointed pinky fingers and I can roll my r’s.
I love every color and almost every kind of music. My playlists are eclectic, my eyeshadow palette multi-chromatic.
- I want magenta hair, but I’m afraid to do it because (a) dyes are bad for you, (b) it’d look nasty when growing out, (c) it would freak out my grandpa and he’s too old for that, and (d) what if it looks terrible?
- I long for fun surprises (of the “Surprise and Delight” variety, flip through the preview), but rarely get them. Probably because I am also a bit of a control freak, and nobody wants to risk surprising me that way.
- I express my inner badass in tiny, subtle ways: black leather boots, driving with my windows slightly open playing “Highway Chile” rather loudly, a swagger so mild you could call it good posture.
- I swoon for papavers, letterpressed stationery, light airy rooms, dark chocolate flecked with granules of sugar/sea salt/cacao nibs, the scent of rose, hammered copper, contrast-stitched wool felt, and kitty head-butts.
And the award goes to these fifteen favorite blogs and websites, in no particular order:
- Girl griot for entries that make me think, converse, and then write
- Hyperbole and a Half for making me laugh maniacally
- Sparks in Shadow for creative camaraderie
- The Mouse Market for never-fail squee
- Christine’s Recipes for regular helpings of comfort food
- Spirited Bodies for constant figure-art inspiration
- Manta-Man for good sexy fun!
- Draw This Dress for new takes on vintage fashion
- b for bel for daily doses of delight
- Movies Over Matter for film reviews, old and new
- Unhappy Hipsters for snarky commentary on design
- Making This Home for green living and so much more
- Questionable Content for storylines I can’t get enough of
- High Expectations Asian Father for getting it, with love
- I Can Haz Cheeseburger for moar kittehs tahn i can shake a stick at
Ooh, I do so love making lists! I think I’ll do another one sometime, of the books I always keep on my nearest bookshelf.
thanks buddy! good links 😉 lots to check out x
You’re welcome! Have fun! 🙂
Yay! Now I have a buddy in the non-whistling crew! I just can’t do it no matter how I try!
High five! I’m also lousy at catching things thrown at me, I forgot to put that in. 😉
OH wow I am so honoured! I’m so glad I clicked on your link 🙂 Thank you so much!
❤ Belly B
You’re so welcome! I really love your blog and it always makes me happy!
Thanks for the award, Friend! I’m in such good company on your list, and I have to get crackin’ and check out those names I’m not familiar wth! Love your list about yourself, too; I’m into loud music on the road, beautiful handmade things and kitty head-butts myself! And looove the hair in your photo! 😆
Hope you find lots to enjoy! I’ve had fun looking through your list too. 🙂
I have not been able to get magenta hair out of my head since we talked about it on the way to the art fair! Hmmm! 🙂
What a great list of blogs! I love the hyperbole blog. I did the colored hair back in the 80’s, purple, blue, bleach, orange, all at the same time (couldn’t decide on just one). The hair was shaved on one side, with a tail I had bleached out, but my hair is very curly and the tail went into a cutsey ringlet. I didn’t want cute. I split it in half and died half purple. It then went back to it’s ringlet and looked like a Twinky Tiger Tail. Remember those twinkies? I cut the tail off.
Oh man, the hair of the 80s! I can’t believe how normal we all thought it was back then. When I go back and look at pictures… 😉
Love your list, Lisa. Not so sure about the magenta hair though:) I think you are beyond lovely with black hair. ( Isn’t there a non-permanent hair color you can spray on, just to try it out? I’ve seen small kids wondering around street fairs with their hair done in wild colors, and I’ve always assumed it was temporary.)…….. We are traveling for the next couple of weeks, so won’t be checking in much. Will catch up when we get back. And, oh, yes, our kitty is a head butter too, especially when she thinks it’s time for lunch.
Thanks, Sherry. 🙂 I am pondering temporary hair color too, though I’d rather dye than spray. I’ve had a lot of fun looking through the photos here! (The bottom photo here is very much what I had in mind for a hair makeover… wild isn’t it?) Unfortunately (or fortunately?) it seems that whether I use permanent or temporary color, “natural” or not, I would still have to bleach my hair first to get a really saturated color, and I’m not willing to do that kind of damage to my hair. Al as, no magenta for me! ;b
Happy travels and pets to your kitty! 🙂
I’m pleased to know that I am one of you favorite blogs, especially since you’ve been so ambivalent about movie watching for so long. Oh, and I would like to cast another vote for magenta hair, so long as Erik also does it.
You certainly are — I read yours all the time! I suspect you would have better luck getting me to watch a movie a day than in getting Erik to dye his hair, but… you never know. One of the reasons I married him was that he surprises me. 😉