YAY THE EDITOR LIKES MY CHAPTER!!!!
… and he’s willing to make the big edits, so *whew* I can still focus on studying for the exam for now. Ohhhh hooray hooray hooray!!!!
So now here’s a lighthearted entry for you: a silly meme! I enjoyed reading this one, so I’m doing it. And I’m changing it a little to suit my needs. ;b
1. Bold what is true about you.
2. Italicize what you wish was true about you.
3. Underline what used to be true about you.
4. Add one true thing about you to the end of the list.
* I miss somebody right now.
* I don’t watch much TV these days.–‘course not, I don’t have a TV!
* I love olives.
* I own lots of books.–Bwa ha ha ha. It only gets more true every week, sigh. Here, I’ll add a nerdy history-grad-student corollary to this:
*I have enough bookshelves to hold all my books.
* I wear glasses or contact lenses.
* I love to play video games.–Certain old-school ones. I don’t really understand the new ones, especially the 3-D ones.
* I’ve tried marijuana.
* I’ve watched porn movies.–I don’t think I would like them.
* I have been in a threesome.–see above comment
* I have been the psycho-ex in a past relationship.
* I believe honesty is usually the best policy.
* I curse sometimes. –If you count stuff like “crap,” but I’m guessing most people wouldn’t.
* I have changed a lot mentally over the last year.–Hoo boy yes.
* I carry my knife/razor everywhere with me.
* I’m TOTALLY smart.–Like, totally! ;b
* I’ve broken someone’s bones.
* I have a secret that I am ashamed to reveal.
* I hate the rain.
* I’m paranoid at times. –who isn’t? who can afford not to be, in the world we live in? … Am I incriminating myself?
* I would get plastic surgery if it were 100% safe, free of cost, and scar-free.
* I need money right now.
* I love sushi.
* I talk really, really fast. –sometimes.
* I have fresh breath in the morning.
* I have long hair.
* I have lost money in Las Vegas.
* I have at least one sibling.
* I was born in a country outside of the U.S.
* I have worn fake hair/fingernails/eyelashes in the past. –eyelashes. They’re a pain in the… eyeball, I guess, if we’re going to be technical about it.
* I couldn’t survive without Caller I.D. –am currently surviving without it, thank you.
* I like the way that I look. –generally, but I have my moments. This weekend I had a whole forty-eight hours or so of those moments.
* I have lied to a good friend in the last 6 months.
* I know how to cornrow.
* I am usually pessimistic. –lately, that has been much more true than it used to be.
* I have a lot of mood swings. –see above comment
* I think prostitution should be legalized. –but thoughtfully and carefully, otherwise it could do much more damage than what currently exists.
* I think Britney Spears is pretty.
* I slept with a roommate.
* I have a hidden talent. –I’m sure we all do.
* I’m always hyper no matter how much sugar I have.
* I have a lot of friends. –that I’ve been ignoring recently 😐
* I am currently single.
* I have pecked someone of the same sex. –pecked, smooched affectionately, yes. Made out with, no.
* I enjoy talking on the phone. –no, talking on the phone scares me.
* I practically live in sweatpants or PJ pants. –PJ pants. Not sweatpants.
* I love to shop. –Sigh. Wish it weren’t as true.
* I enjoy window shopping.
* I would rather shop than eat. –HA!
* I would classify myself as ghetto.
* I’m bourgie and have worn a sweater tied around my shoulders. –Bourgie, yes, sweater-round-shoulders, only once I think.
* I’m obsessed with my Xanga or Livejournal. –Obviously.
* I don’t hate anyone. –‘s far as I know.
* I’m a pretty good dancer. –depending on who you’re comparing me to!
* I’m completely embarrassed to be seen with my mother.
* I have a cell phone.
* I believe in a god(s). –But organized religion, not as much.
* I have passed out drunk in the past 6 months.
* I’ve rejected someone before.
* I currently like someone. –I currently like lots of people!
* I have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life. –I get this a lot. It’s related to this “grad school” thing that’s supposed to help determine what I do for the rest of my life.
* I want to have children in the future.
* I have changed a diaper before.
* I’ve called the cops on a friend before.
* I am a member of the Tom Green fan club.
* I’m not allergic to anything.
* I have a lot to learn.
* I have been with someone at least 10 years older or younger.
* I am shy around the opposite sex.
* I’m online 24/7, even as an away message.
* I have at least 5 away messages saved.
* I have tried alcohol or drugs before. –And I’ve discovered I have no tolerance for alcohol. The “one-shot wonder,” that’s me, only it’s a lot less interesting to watch than that.
* I have made a move on a friend’s significant other or crush in the past.
* I own the “South Park” movie.
* I have avoided assignments at work/school to be on Xanga or Livejournal. –What else is a journal for?
* When I was a kid I played “the birds and the bees” with a neighbor or chum.
* I enjoy some country music.
* I would die for my best friends. –I hope so.
* I think that Pizza Hut has the best pizza.
* I watch soap operas whenever I can.
* I’m obsessive, and often a perfectionist.
* I have used my sexuality to advance my career.
* I love Michael Jackson, scandals and all.
* I know all the words to Slick Rick’s “Children’s Story”.
* Halloween is awesome because you get free candy.
* I watch Spongebob Squarepants and I like it.
* I have dated a close friend’s ex.
* I like surveys/memes. –certain ones!
* I am happy at this moment. –yes!!!
* I’m obsessed with guys. –no, not really.
* Democrat. –no, but closer to this than the below!
* Conservative Republican.
* I am punk rockish.
* I am preppy.
* I go for older guys/girls, not younger.
* I study for tests most of the time. –Hmmm… the real answer to this one is, “Not as much as I should.”
* I tie my shoelaces differently from anyone I’ve ever met.
* I can work on a car.
* I love my job.
* I am comfortable with who I am right now. –Who I am, yes. What I do, not so much.
* I have more than just my ears pierced.
* I walk barefoot wherever I can.
* I have jumped off a bridge.
* I love sea turtles. –I don’t hate them?
* I spend ridiculous amounts of money on makeup.
* I believe in prophetic dreams.
* I plan on achieving a major goal/dream. –I hope so.
* I am proficient on a musical instrument. –I guess I still am, after an hour or so of warm-up.
* I worked at McDonald’s restaurant.
* I hate office jobs.
* I love sci-fi movies.
* I think water rules. –What, to drink? Swim in? Flush away?
* I went to college out of state.
* I am adopted.
* I like sausage. –Veggie sausage, that is.
* I am a pyro.
* I love the Red Sox.
* I have thrown up from crying too much.
* I have been intentionally hurt by people that I loved.
* I love kisses. –Particularly those between friends.
* I fall for the worst people and have been hurt every time.
* I adore bright colors. –and pale colors, and no colors, etc etc.
* I love Dear Abby.
* I can’t live without black eyeliner.
* I think school is awesome.
* I think pigtails serve a purpose.
* I don’t know why the hell I just did this stupid thing.
* I usually like covers better than originals.
* I don’t like multi-textured ice cream. –Um, what?
* I think John Cusack is adorable.
* I fucking hate chain theme restaurants like Applebees and TGIFridays –more like, I prefer not to go to them if there are other options.
* I watch Food Network way too much. –Would be true if I had a TV.
* I love coaching youth sports.
* I can pick up things with my toes.
* I can’t whistle.
* I can move my tongue in waves, much like a snakes’ slither.
* I have ridden/owned a horse.
* I still have every journal I’ve ever written in.
* I can’t stick to a diet. –and I don’t want to!
* I talk in my sleep.
* I’ve often thought that I was born in the wrong century.
* I try to forget things by drowning them out with loads of distractions.
* Climbing trees is a brilliant past-time. –wish there were more climbable trees around here!
* I have jazz in my blood. –I think I have Bach in my blood, though.
* I would not be friends if they weren’t family.
* I wear a toe ring.
* I have a tattoo.
* I love vaginas.
* I can’t stand at LEAST one person that I work with.
* I am a caffeine junkie.
* I know who Santos L. Halper is.
* I read trashy romance novels and I am ashamed.
* I love wrestling.
* I am completely tree-huggy spiritual, and I’m not ashamed at all.
* If I knew I would get away with it, I would commit at least one murder.
* I cosplayed or know what cosplaying is.
* I have been to over 15 conventions.
* I will collect anything, and the more nonsensical, the better.
* I enjoy a nice glass of wine with dinner.
* I’m an artist.
* I have a goal to collect every Johnny Depp movie ever made.
* I am ambidexterous.
* I sleep with so many stuffed animals, I can hardly fit on my bed.
* My computer has a name.
* If it weren’t for having to see other people naked, I’d live in a nudist colony. –I have no problem with seeing other people naked. It’s the sunburn I’m afraid of. (Why are you laughing? It’s true!)
* I have terrible teeth.
* I hate my toes.
* I did this Meme even though I wasn’t tagged by the person who took it before me.
* I have more friends on the internet than in real life.
* I have lived in either three different provinces or countries.
* I am extremely flexible. –used to be semi-true.
* I love hugs more than kisses.
* I want to own my own business. –No, but it beats being a slave to The Man.
* I smoke or tried cigarettes.
* I have met a star from ABC’s LOST. –I wouldn’t recognize them if I did, so maybe it’s true.
* I spend way too much time on the computer than on anything else.
* Nobody has ever said I’m normal.
* Sad movies, games, fics and the like can cause a trickle of tear every now and then. –sappy commercials, movie trailers, songs…
* I am proficient in the use of many types firearms and combat weapons.
* I like the way women look in stylized men’s suits.
* I don’t like it when people are unpleased or seem unpleased with me. –but I’m getting better at dealing with it.
* I have been described as a dreamer or likely to have my head up in the cloud
* I have played tennis with my non dominant hand before
* I have played strip poker with someone else before
* I read the labels on food, shampoo, and other things just because.
* I have emotional problems for which I have sought professional help.
* I believe in ghosts and the paranormal.
* I can’t stand being alone.
* I have at least one obsession at any given time.
* I weigh myself, pee/poo, and then weigh myself again.
* I consistently spend way too much money on obsessions-of-the-moment.
* I know what THACO means.
* I have a signed Tom Servo head
* I know who Bob and Doug McKenzie are, hoser.
* I totally expected the Spanish Inquisition. –Well, no, how could I? But as a historian and a Monty Python fan it amuses me to boldface this.
* I would swallow my doubt turn it inside out find nothing but faith in nothing
* I hold long imaginary arguments with people I know in which they insult something about me or my habits, and I argue back and defend myself, and it does not in any way resemble the way such a scenario would play out in real life but it always makes me feel better anyway.
I posted some updates on my photo page earlier today.[link now broken]
[This post was imported on 4/10/14 from my old blog at satsumabug.livejournal.com.]